Sunday, September 3, 2017

Fall to Layout #32 Take Two



Happy Sunday (a long weekend Sunday to boot!) Here's this week's sketch. Although the sketch is square, feel free to stretch it out like I did. Instead of a circle on a square card, I did an oval on a rectangle card. Same basic layout applies.


Here's my card. I made this for \Ashley's leather challenge for Stamp-A-Faire last weekend. I didn't post it in the challenge links, as I was a presenter this year and didn't think I should play for prizes. But that didn't stop me from playing along!!

The basic leather technique was to use water and glycerin to give the paper more flexibility. I didn't know where my glycerin was (although I found it today, ha!), so I used a tiny bit of Versamark reinker. I think it achieved a similar effect. Be sure to check out her video for the details on this technique.

I used a piece of Dark Chocolate card stock and completed the leather technique. Once that was dry, I sponged some Dark Chocolate Ink on it. I die-cut it with the stitched oval die from the Shakers & Sprinkles kit. Next I die cut two of the Meadow Greens leaves and stamped the corresponding leaves using Ripe Avocado and Prairie Grass. I made a little banner and stamped a sentiment from the Ways to Say: Thank You mini set. The final touch was stamping leaves in Classic Kraft on the Kraft card base. I also added rounded corners, just because!



Here's Chera's card:

Happy Long weekend Sunday everyone!! Here's my take on today's Sketch cards! Sad to not be crafting with my gals this weekend like I was last!!! Today's card is featuring a lot of Wplus9 goodies including ink colours and the circle die is from Simon Says stamp! I first cut a circle from the front of my card base then used that same smaller circle with a later circle to give the five that kraft border around. My next step was stamping the flowers and leaves out. I wasn’t originally to sure which ones I wanted to use so there were many extra stamped flowers….maybe another project on the horizon!!! I stamped the sentiment inside of the card added the flowers and done! Oh for some added shine I added some water droplets to the flower centres!! Hope you enjoy today's card!!!





If you play along, please leave a link! We love seeing your cards!





No comments:

Post a Comment